From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Carlos
CONTRERAS-MARTEL
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 9:03 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] chloride or water

Hi Rohit,

What about your Rfree? what about your protein geometry?

I will try to figure out this residual density at the realy latest step of the
refinement.

Because of your resolution, no anomalous signal available and Van der Waals
problems it could be difficult for a referee believe in a Cl ion. That you
probably wants to describe like close to you active site, so of some relevance
for the activity.

All the best

Carlos

--
           Carlos CONTRERAS MARTEL, Ph.D.
                   (CR1 CNRS)

           carlos.contreras-mar...@ibs.fr

           "Bacterial Pathogenesis Group"
          Institut de Biologie Structurale
UMR5075 CEA-CNRS-Université Joseph Fourier Grenoble 1

              IBS
               71, avenue des Martyrs
               CS 10090
               38044 Grenoble CEDEX 9