I'm updating some code to have limited mmCIF/PDB format interoperability and have hit a snag. While I can infer the connection between some data items in the PDB header REMARK and the items in mmCIF I can't definitively deduce some others. In particular the mapping of
REMARK  2  RESOLUTION
seems a little ambiguous and the dictionary documentation doesn't help in this regard.

Does anyone know where to find an explicit mapping of one data field to another between the two formats ? (I don't expect there to be a data field in the PDB header for everything in mmCIF but I do for the reverse case).

Thanks
Phil Jeffrey
Princeton