The Spiller lab in the Department of Pharmacology at Vanderbilt University is
seeking a Research Assistant to assist Dr. Professor Spiller in his laboratory.
The Spiller lab is a structural biology lab focused on infectious disease and
the host’s immune response. The job requires a moderate ability to work
independently but also involves working directly with Dr. Spiller and other lab
members to help determine crystal structures. The candidate will be expected to
interact professionally with other lab members. Preference will be given to
applicants with experience in some of the following responsibilities.
* Design and create new protein constructs for crystallization trials.
* Optimize protein expression of new protein constructs.
* Design and carry out experiments on the basis of discussed plans with Dr.
* Analyze chromatography experiments.
* Design and carry out high throughput crystallization trials
* Optimize crystallization conditions
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to Ben Spiller.
Departments of Pharmacology
and Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine