Hmmm…interesting James!. I don’t usually make a habit of trying to form a
class, or losing face because of a point, -or even making a group in space..
But..
Id say it is neither different form nor different habit. -since these are
centuries old terms -and still valuable, - from mineralogy that reflect (form)
faces that grow preferentially due to packing of molecules within the crystal,-
so the crystal may have no different form, or may have. So that term doesn’t
define... Likewise crystal habit reflects the growth of crystals sort of above
crystal forms, - and again could be the same habit or be different..  Id say
-this great example is more like a conformational variant that is
non-isomorphous with the previous structure, -you got it right the first time
Id say!.
I propose that these examples should be termed something different…. a “Holton
fractal”.
Robert Stroud
str...@msg.ucsf.edu
415 987 7535