Dear CCP4bbers,

As Zbyszek and some others wrote, the explanation of B factors is linked to the
mathematical expression of structure factors: the X-ray crystallographer
primary data are projections of the reciprocal space. And it's probably better
to keep this primary info in PDB files rather than RMS displacements on one
hand and to try to make the story short on the other hand: 50 emails on the
subject seem to be enough, don't they ?

All the best and have a nice weekend,
Philippe

Philippe BENAS, Ph.D.