Hi Reza,

the term "validation" as used by e.g. crystallographers - namely by checking
geometric parameters of a structure derived from experiment(s) - is euphemistic
since realistic geometry is a required but not sufficient property of a model -
it can be completely wrong even if it has good geometry. This type of
validation should rather be called "checked for geometric consistency" or
similar.

In general, the validation of a prediction should be performed by
experiment(s). Ideally, that would be X-ray structure solution or cryo-EM or
NMR. But it could also be e.g. a set of binding or cross-linking experiments,
with suitable positive and negative controls.

That a computational prediction can be "validated" by another calculation may
be possible if the prediction is based on a set of facts that is disjoint from
that of the "validation calculation". But this is not the case e.g. for models
from AlphaFold or RoseTTaFold; MolProbility or similar programs could at most
indicate that the prediction has failed, but not that the prediction is
correct. Experiments are needed for this - and even these could be inconclusive.

Best wishes,
Kay