supporting links, but not the original article from back in the day.

<http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_in_workplaces>

<https://www.coursehero.com/file/p75til/When-the-game-Doom-first-came-out-this-was-a-complaint-about-its-network-code/>

<https://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-users/200802/msg00205.html>

<>

On 10/12/16 11:55 AM, Jerry Kemp wrote:
This discussion is stirring up so many old memories.

I distinctively recall, back at the time that this was relevant, that the (DOS)
network game play was disrupting/saturating networks, because, if I recall the
article correctly, the game was communicating with other nodes using broadcast
packets, vs unicast or multicast packets.

Off to Duckduckgo to see if I can find that article.

Jerry