You might want to try moving the keyboard forward and away from the operating
lever that connects to it at the back right corner of the keyboard. If the
keyboard is pushed too far back on that lever it can load up the mechanism and
stall it.

It will need to be re-aligned to get the keyboard working again but that will
need to be done anyway - it's pretty sensitive to movement.

You should be able to turn the mechanism by hand but it also may need to be
loosened up if it hasn't been used for a long time.

The 33 I restored blew fuses initially and I thought it had a bad start cap.
Turns out the start cap had been removed and my unit doesn't seem to need it.
Once I rotated it a few times and put grease here and there it ran ok.

If you can get it to work by turning it by hand while it's buzzing then a bad
or missing start cap may be your issue.

David Collins
HP Computer Museum