I just ran across a sale on epay by a guy who thought you could pull the processor chip off the board and sell each in separate auctions.

I couldn't find the processor from the huge number of gold scrap chip auctions he had, but he said it (or the other) chip(s) for the board were listed.

I think giving him the benefit of the doubt, he thought that the two were separable like motherboards and processors are now day. Worst case he was just an unfortunate idiot that destroyed the board.

I sent him an email telling him the value I place on it (tested) and suggested that he think of older boards as the full components to be kept together unless he wants to destroy the board, or knows what he is doing breaking them up. Of course on old Qbus and the like boards, one does have some components that are more valuable if you break up the board, and pull "unobtainium" chips. But pulling out the KDF processor isn't one of them in general.

I just bought a KDJ Jaws chip for a "round 2it" project to try to get it running, as I archived a PDP11 "Hack" page indicating how to get one running on a proto board with minimal hardware.

I don't know if you could do that with the KDF, but that isn't what this guy is doing.

thanks
Jim