On 07/01/2017 03:59 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
On 07/01/2017 01:23 PM, Jules Richardson via cctalk wrote:

It does look like I can get a 7/32" socket for a couple of bucks, though
- so maybe I'll go that route for now and just shave it down a little
with the bench grinder. It can live on the shelf with the homebrew Mac
case dismantling tool ;)

Don't.   You need a *thinshell*  nutdriver--ordinary sockets are too
thick.

Right! The backup plan - in absence of the right driver in a Real Shop - was to make a regular socket into a thin-walled one. It's that or order online, pay a bunch of shipping, and wait around for a week.

Anyway, I picked up a cheap 7/32" deep socket from Menards ($3 or so) - and as it happens, it Just Works without modification. It's not marketed as thin-walled; I expect they just made it cheap by leaving out a bunch of metal, but that works in my favor in this case. (It's a Master Force one, just in case any future beings reading this need to know)

cheers

Jules