On 10/10/17 14:26, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:
It's a VAXstation II/RC backplane, it was sold cheaper and crippled by DEC to
prevent adding more cards to it.  That was my first VAX, and I think I still
have mine.

Zane

The /RC was (apparently) for "Reduced Connectivity" or some such.

The smarter customers noticed that they could save a good chunk of cash by ordering a VS2/RC and then separately ordering a replacement backplane.
DEC noticed that one quite quickly!

An enterprising company here in Oxford was offering to (somehow) dissolve out the glue ... I don't know of anyone who took them up on this though.

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini
arcarl...@iee.org