On 10/11/2017 01:51 AM, Steven M Jones via cctalk wrote:

On 10/10/2017 12:51, allison via cctalk wrote:
Memory says: it was MICROVAX/RT and the cpu had a reduced instruction
set and was used with ELN/PASCAL.  IT was a reduced capability
machine.
As I recollect it used the same KA630/M7606, and any peripherals were
the same as other Mayflower machines. The entire gimmick was that you
had three fewer Q/Q slots and an RC on the badge.

Therefore no difference in the level of ISA subsetting, but I think it
would have been an attractive target for VAXELN applications.

ISTR there were later products that were limited to VAXELN, but can't
recall any designations...

I think it would be VERY hard to remove instructions from the 78032 CPU chip. You could leave out the floating point processor, and maybe do things with the gate arrays to restrict memory size and such.

Jon