On 4/18/2018 4:47 PM, Eric Smith via cctalk wrote:
On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 8:18 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk <
cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

thousands of movies and TV episodes will fit on a 2TB drive.
I am anxiously awaiting higher capacity thin 2.5" SATA.

You can get an 8TB drive in 2.5" form factor, but it doesn't contain
spinning rust, and it costs around $6000.

At one time you could get a $39 aerial up and get free TV like
Dr Who.. Progress seems to be getting rind of the good old
and bringing in the $$$.
While I admit the new TV's are better res, I can not say much
about what is being broadcast today is better than back then.
Ben.
As for the BBC and other TV networks, we seem to be getting
a lot of high priced episodes that have like 3 shows per season
with a 2 part Christmas special mixed in with 90% reality TV.
Sigh.
BTW the hardest part on my latest computer design is having
a working front panel.