Has anyone here been to the Kennett Classic museum?  There is what was
originally called the "post vintage" room that has stuff like NeXT, Sun,
SGI, PS/2's, Windows 3.1, 386/486 laptops,  GridPad/IBM Thinkpad, Go Pad,
DEC Alphas workstations, etc.  Now it's referred to as the "32-bit GUI
workstation collection".

I learned real fast that when highschool kids come to the museum they don't
even know what a Commodore 64 was, not to mention anything older.  So each
era has it's vintage-of-that-era things.  It's not our place because we're
mostly experts in the older vintages to really have as much of a say in
what is vintage for the late 90's early 2000's.  Would it really be PCs, or
is this the era of smart phones, IP networking dial up ISP, etc.

It's not time yet for the XP/Win server 2003, not yet.  But save these
things and your ipADs and google glasses, and your blackberries and palm
handhelds.  Their day is coming in a few years.  We have to avoid thinking
it's just the next PC as "vintage"  - the day of the desktop is kind of
done except for gaming machines, as far as sales go.