I obtained a copy of Image Processing in C recently, with the disk, a book
which is nearly vintage in it's own right. Back in the 90s I wanted to digitize
my then vast library of books. That book, which I foumd at a library, seemed a
good starting point. Truth is though it really didn't seem practical prior to
the availability of cheap digital cameras. And transcoding would have a
necessary service as the only framegrabber I had at the time was some weird
little box for a Mac. And the only mac I had was a IIx. It's surprising what
you can accomplish sometimes with very little. But sometimes you need a little
more for the job too be even feasible. I abandoned