You all aren't referring to that hammered look?

And regarding a textured finish, I have a cheapo Raidmax atx case I got from
Newegg about 4 years ago. 12.09$ after the rebate. Shipped. It and other cases
I've bought in the last few years all seem to habe that slightly gritty
appearance. Sellam and others said powder coating could be a possibility. But I
don't understand how that could be done economically. Regardless the village
boob was playing around with a spray can one day. And if you know nothing about
spraying canned paint, you need to apply as many coats as possible, thereby
achieving nice even coverage, and avoid the drips. After 1 coat I saw a sililar
gritty finish to the atx case, but the "beads" of paint were larger. So maybe
just maybe these things are painted with a finer tipped airgun. When I try it
I'll report back.

As for painting a 5170 case, I'll apply the final 2 coats perhaps at an angle,
and adjuat the nosel so it sneezes all over the thing. Again we'll see.

On Thursday, December 22, 2022, 08:01:30 PM EST, Tony Jones via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 4:59 PM Sellam Abraham via cctalk <

cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> You can buy that in a spray can at the hardware store. I've used it before
> for some of the replicas I've built. It works great.

If you can achieve a textured finish using a rattle can you're a better man
than I!