On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 07:42:41PM -0800, Sellam Abraham via cctalk wrote:
> Me: Translate the disassembly of the boot sector code for PC DOS 1.0 into
> 7080 autocoder.
>
> ChatGPT: "It is not possible to simply translate the disassembly of the
> boot sector code for PC DOS 1.0 into 7080 autocoder as the two are
> different assembly languages for different processors. The boot sector code
> for PC DOS 1.0 was written specifically for the x86 processor, while the
> 7080 autocoder is for the 7080 processor. Additionally, the boot sector
> code for PC DOS 1.0 is likely specific to the IBM PC, and would not run on
> a machine using a 7080 processor.
>
> "To run PC DOS 1.0 on a machine with a 7080 processor, you would need to
> rewrite the entire operating system from scratch in assembly language for
> the 7080 processor."
[...]

Holy fork. This Chad Gepetto guy is much wiser than many managers who
would like Chad to write code for them, with catastrophic
results... But hey, they have good insurance and golden parachutes so
no problem. Hint: I suppose a common user will never be able to get
insurance against fallings of app composed by AI. Oh, those user
agreements of the future. Even more fun than nowadays.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola

** Tomasz Rola          mailto:tomasz_r...@bigfoot.com             **