On 2023-01-20 15:58, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
On 1/20/23 15:45, Ali via cctalk wrote:
The funny thing is that James and I were talking about doing some PCBs
and kits for the things, then decided that it would appeal to too few
people.  I still have the prototype, done in wire-wrap.

Chuck,

It may be a good time to dust off the old design and bring it out! ;)

Why?  There are already a number of functional (and in
most cases cheap) floppy emulators.  It is unlikely
even the boards could be made to match the price and
in any case just how many of us do you really think are
left?  :-)

I was looking at Chuck's pertec interface this morning, and I really like what he did. If he can pull of the same with the stm32f407 for floppies, I'm in. Boards with the stm32 are cheap, and actually available. And all in source, free compilers etc.

(and MFM disks, ESDI disks, and, and ;-) )