On 2023-01-28 11:10 p.m., Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
On 1/28/23 17:34, Steve Malikoff via cctalk wrote:
Chuck said

How does your setup differ form the 1052 keyboard?  I know that uses a
modified 024 keyboard, so interposers.
Under DOS/360, a user program could write a CCW string to ring the 1052
bell.  If that CCW string included a TIC back to the bell-ring CCW, the
bell would just keep ringing with the keyboard locked out.

Fun and games, from very many years ago.

--Chuck

The keyboard on a 1052 is a keypunch keyboard I believe it is the same as the 029.  The printer in the 1052 is a keyboardless Selectric with no tab rack and they spaced via a cam on the OP shaft instead of taking a cycle.  The ones I saw on a couple 360s (22 and 25) the space cam was so worn it wobbled when it took a cycle, but the customer would never let us do anything with it as long as it worked because they could not do anything with out the console.

Paul.