> On 2023-01-28 11:10 p.m., Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>> On 1/28/23 17:34, Steve Malikoff via cctalk wrote:
>>> Chuck said
>>
>> How does your setup differ form the 1052 keyboard?  I know that uses a
>> modified 024 keyboard, so interposers.
>> Under DOS/360, a user program could write a CCW string to ring the 1052
>> bell.  If that CCW string included a TIC back to the bell-ring CCW, the
>> bell would just keep ringing with the keyboard locked out.
>>
>> Fun and games, from very many years ago.
>>
>> --Chuck
>>

> The keyboard on a 1052 is a keypunch keyboard I believe it is the same
> as the 029.

No, Chuck is correct the 1052 used a modified 024 keyboard, even through you
would think it would have been an 029.
Marc recently did a video on a keypunch keyboard, the 1052 one looks much the
same.

Mine differs a lot, the Spectra 70/752 used a Selectric mechanism, totally
different to the keypunch keyboard.
The Selectric keyboard is designed around doing a print cycle while the
electric keypunch keyboard seems to be power driven to reduce
or eliminate double-keying errors as the primary motive. I think, but am not
certain.

Sellam asked for a few photos of my 70/752 recreation project so here are some
I just took. As I said, it's still a WIP with lots to do.
http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/uploads/612/RCA_Spectra_70-752_keyboard_recreation_WIP_01.jpg
http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/uploads/612/RCA_Spectra_70-752_keyboard_recreation_WIP_02.jpg
http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/uploads/612/RCA_Spectra_70-752_keyboard_recreation_WIP_03.jpg

It's running, with the LEGO motor at the voltage indicated. The microswitch
clevis rods will be cut to the right size once the storage bar is made.
Also the 3D test prints of brackets, clutch and other parts etc. in the bags.
All printed parts on the thing are white PETG.
Note there is an added bit 7 bail interposer, spring return frame, clutch on
the inside of the modified right frame, RCA-style mounting brackets,
storage bar pivot rod, AC motor (needs a front bearing bracket made or I might
just cut up the gearbox casing on it).

Steve.