> On HP: yes, perhaps. I used one of those back at DEC, in the mid 1980s. Nice
> machine, but my suspicion is that I'd run into the small memory problem again
> that plagues me with the Philips/Fluke analyzer I use right now.

We use several HP analyzers around here, all from the 80s. Even the "small"
ones are 72 channel and more than sufficient for all your old computer needs.
The big ones have Ethernet and will talk X11 across the network, which is super
handy. The older models are serial-only, but can print to a ThinkJet emulator
running on a PC. That's how I made e.g. this capture image:

http://users.glitchwrks.com/~glitch/images/xtide/xt_ide_rev4/read_delay.gif

Before getting my first HP 1650, I had an older Sony/Tektronix that suffered
from the "not deep enough capture memory" issue. Haven't run into that with the
HPs yet, especially the big HP 16500 series. I've found that if I'm running out
of memory depth, I'm probably not hooked up right.

FWIW, I've ran into two hobbyists who were persuaded to buy used HP gear after
their Chinese knockoff Siglent analyzers started *driving* some of the channels.

Thanks,
Jonathan