I realize he's a bit eccentric, (even more so than many of us ;-) ), but I
think we're being a little hard on Tony, especially considering the many
contributions he's made to our hobby over the years with reverse-engineered
schematics and other obscure documentation.

If there weren't so much water between us I'd happily drop off a small
form-factor vintage PC that'd probably serve to extract/archive/whatever
numerous diskette formats with the various format conversion programs of
the day.

But it sounds like he'll explore one of the flux-transition gizmos; good
luck, Tony, and I hope you enjoy the experience!