In message <CAHHfo1smXQ7GHFLDPDbaqOznFgC8TX9+ZckS207nPSaYs2M7cQ@mail.gmail
.com>
          Mike Stein via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I realize he's a bit eccentric, (even more so than many of us ;-) ), but I
> think we're being a little hard on Tony, especially considering the many
> contributions he's made to our hobby over the years with reverse-engineered
> schematics and other obscure documentation.
>
> If there weren't so much water between us I'd happily drop off a small
> form-factor vintage PC that'd probably serve to extract/archive/whatever
> numerous diskette formats with the various format conversion programs of
> the day.
>
> But it sounds like he'll explore one of the flux-transition gizmos; good
> luck, Tony, and I hope you enjoy the experience!

I also looked for a unique way to preserve data from old floppies.
By now my equipment has grown and grown.
Two old PC/ATs with different operating systems and different
controlers incl. one catweasel MK4.
Beside this stands a separate housing with different floppy drives
and own power supply.
For softsectored floppies that is enough gear, but meanwhile i came
across some hardsectored ones.
I bought a kryoflux with little, not to say no success on hardsecored
disks.
Now i have the Fluxteen here and i support the developer where i can.
We managed writing hardsectored floppy for the Smaky 6, a swiss made
computer.
Things are going on if we all support him. At the moment he is
implementing Apple II formats.

I think this system a worth a closer look.

Rolf