On 9/11/2017 2:15 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctech wrote:
On 09/11/2017 08:47 AM, Camiel Vanderhoeven via cctalk wrote:

Now I¹m looking for some FORTRAN code that would typically have run
on this kind of computer so I can show people what this kind of
system was used for.

Congratulations!

I'd recommend starting with LINPACK:

http://www.netlib.org/linpack/

Just to get an idea of the performance of the thing.

--Chuck

With LINPACK you can compare your results with others, including new computers.  I would suggest other benchmarks, Dhrystone, Whetstone, FFT because the FORTRAN codes are readily available and there are reports from the CONVEX era that compare results from many different computers.

NEC2 is a good idea.  Also, look into calculation of Pi, it is entertaining.

Doug