On 2/1/21 5:25 PM, Lev via cdesktopenv-devel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Several tickets have been opened concerning CDE compilation failures on SPARC
> systems due to GOT limits. This patch should remedy the main issue and I’ll
> try to followup to see if there are others.

I have applied this to master, thanks... But keep in mind it will mean
nothing in the autotools-branch, which is where we are going...

> As an aside, I really enjoy seeing the diversity of platforms and
> architectures that CDE enthusiasts are using.
>
> I had a couple of other questions:
> - Does anyone have access to the CDE test suite or QATS for Motif? Being able
> to run automated regression tests would be a huge help.

I think Peter Howkins had a copy of it - I'm not sure if he put it into
a repo anywhere.  I think it requires a proprietary testing framework
though.  Not sure...

-jon

> - What about reaching out to a group like Software in the Public Interest to
> assist us organizationally?
>
> Personally, if I am going to be making a lot of changes to this project or
> the future UNIX port, I’d like to be able to assign my copyright to a trustee
> to make any future MIT transition easier. They might also be able to assist
> licensing negotiations with the Open Group as a non-profit with expertise.
>
> Kind regards,
> Lev

Jon Trulson

  "Entropy.  It isn't what it used to be."
                           -- Sheldon