> One reason for the DVD+RW incompatibility (according to Ricoh) is the fact
> that they start at 24mm instead of 30 mm.

That would certainly be a chalange for the head control mechanism on
many drives.

> According to Pioneer all DVD-ROM drives that support multi layer DVD-ROM
> (e.g. DVD9) should read DVD-RW because the reflectivity of DVD-REW is higher
> than reflectivity of the upport DVd-ROM layer.

Hmm, I wonder why the tests I have read said the DVD-RW didn't work
for them.  Maybe they didn't close their sessions, or maybe they used
old drives that couldn't read DVD9.  If I had any drive other than the
DVR-A03 around I would try it.

Len Sorensen