On 09/18/2016 04:08 PM, Keith Keller wrote:

Make sure you do not allow the IPMI's IP to be accessible on a public
network.  Either keep the IP on a private network (better), keep the IP
firewalled to only certain IPs, or change the admin password from the
default.

--keith

What I had toyed with doing was setting up a switch just for the IPMI with an ethernet jack above my breakfast far (this pc will be installed on other side of breakfast bar) - no connection even to it even from my LAN.

--
-=-
Sent my from my laptop, may not be able to respond timely