On 1/15/2014 9:16 AM, Mark Nelson wrote:
On 01/15/2014 09:14 AM, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:

For the system disk, do you use some kind of internal flash memory disk ?

We probably should have, but ended up with I think just a 500GB 7200rpm
disk, whatever was cheapest. :)

If your system has to swap a lot you need more ram. If it loads stuff from disk a lot (other than thrashing), take a closer look at your job mix: there's likely things you probably should run elsewhere. Outside of those the only thing that bangs on system disk is logging and you can log to a dedicated log server and eliminate that bit of system disk i/o altogether.

I.e. speed-wise you should be ok with a usb stick for a system drive.

Dima