Hi all,

Someone asked me today how to get a list of down MDS daemons, and I
explained that currently the MDS simply forgets about any standby that
stops sending beacons.  That got me thinking about the case where a
standby dies while the active MDS remains up -- the cluster has gone
into a non-highly-available state, but we are not giving the admin any

I've suggested a solution here:

This is probably going to be a bit of a subjective thing in terms of
whether people find it useful or find it to be annoying noise, so I'd
be interested in feedback from people currently running cephfs.