From: ceph-users [ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com] on behalf of John Spray
[jsp...@redhat.com]
Sent: 18 October 2016 22:46
To: ceph-users
Subject: [ceph-users] Feedback wanted: health warning when standby MDS dies?

Hi all,

Someone asked me today how to get a list of down MDS daemons, and I
explained that currently the MDS simply forgets about any standby that
stops sending beacons.  That got me thinking about the case where a
standby dies while the active MDS remains up -- the cluster has gone
into a non-highly-available state, but we are not giving the admin any
indication.

I've suggested a solution here:
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/17604

This is probably going to be a bit of a subjective thing in terms of
whether people find it useful or find it to be annoying noise, so I'd
be interested in feedback from people currently running cephfs.

Cheers,
John