Re ratio, I think you’re right.

Write performance depends for sure on what the journal devices are.  If the
journals are colo’d on spinners, then for sure the affinity game isn’t going to
help writes massively.

My understanding of write latency is that min_size journals have to be written
before the op returns, so if journals aren’t on SSD’s that’s going to be a big
bottleneck.