Hi, I'm just starting to play around with Ceph, so please excuse my complete lack of a clue if this question is covered somewhere, but I have been unable to find an answer.

I have a single machine running Ceph which was set up with osd crush chooseleaf type = 0 in /etc/ceph/ceph.conf, now I've added a new machine with some new OSDs, so I'd like to change to osd crush chooseleaf type = 1 and have Ceph re-balance the replicas.

How do I do that?

Preferably I'd like to make the change without making the cluster unavailable.

So far I've edited the config file and tried restarting daemons, including rebooting the entire OS, but I still see PGs that live only on one host.

I've read the config docuemntation page but it doesn't mention what to do to make that specific config change take effect:

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/ceph-conf/

I've barked up the crushmap tree a bit, but I did not see how "osd crush chooseleaf type" relates to that in any way.

--
 Regards Flemming Frandsen - Stibo Systems - DK - STEP Release Manager
 Please use rele...@stibo.com for all Release Management requests