You mean the American Prospect? > The true battle >will be between modern civilization and anti-modernists;
This part above I believe, but the rest of this stuff below sounds like the Marxist "communism is the opiate of the masses" theory. Personally, I am not religious and have never been a member of any organized religion, but I don't have any objection to religion. That's one of those things I love about freedom- be religious, don't be religious, it's all good. As far as Reich goes, I've always thought he was out to lunch, and this just confirms it. He's out of step with the vast majority of Americans. I saw him on TV today and while he was very careful to say he wasn't accusing Bush of this blind religiousness, he basically was accusing him of it. That's totally off the wall. I just saw Fran Liebowitz on Hardball and she was saying something similar. The normally pretty liberal to moderate Chris Matthews (a Catholic) was polite to her but he was not happy with her argument about religion. I tend to agree more with the assessment that the nuts - the anti-modernists- are more fascists than fanatics and that their campaign is no different than Stalin's brutal campaign in Russia in the 1930's. They are using religion as a tool, but their real campaign is one of repression, not religious faith. Terrorism is not the most important problem we face. Ignorance is the main problem we face, ignorance born of repression and turned into a weapon against the modern world. I would call it a perversion of religion, maybe on its face it looks like the same difference. >between those >who believe in the primacy of the individual and those who believe >that human beings owe their allegiance and identity to a higher >authority; between those who give priority to life in this world and >those who believe that human life is mere preparation for an existence >beyond life; between those who believe in science, reason, and logic >and those who believe that truth is revealed through Scripture and >religious dogma. Terrorism will disrupt and destroy lives. But >terrorism itself is not the greatest danger we face. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Purchase from House of Fusion, a Macromedia Authorized Affiliate and support the CF community. http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=36 Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:132230 Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5 Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5 Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54
