You an still be literal about religion and 'modern'. The problem is that the
feel of his article is an either or. Your either a modern, rational, logical
person or you're a religious literalist. You can be both. There are many
facets of religion that are not 'rational' to modern thinking. Prayer is
just one of them. Spiritual entities is another. I can believe in the
literal existance of those and more and still be modern. 
I think Reich has to modify the tone of his article to not feel so
either/or. Or maybe I was reading it late at night while depressed and
installing Blackstone B2 (which totally rocks, but I can't go into details).

> That is, I think Mr. Reich means that some people (such as Michael)
> allow technology and religion to exist just fine.  Others, however,
> use religion literally and attempt people such as Michael to make a
> choice.
> 
> It's those people I think Mr. Reich is criticizing - not anyone with
> religion.  Only the anti-modernists.
> 
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Protect your mail server with built in anti-virus protection. It's not only good for 
you, it's good for everybody.
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=39

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:132316
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to