> Brian wrote:
> It's very rarely meant to be taken literally

This is what concerns me about Mr. Bush.  I believe God gave man the
ability to reason and Man's duty is to use it.  In Mr. Woodward's book
he asks Mr. Bush why he invaded Iraq and Mr. Bush says, "I believe we
have a duty to free people, to liberate people."

I think Mr. Bush has a duty to protect the people of the US and that's
it - clearly he doesn't.

Mr. Bush also said the following in an April 13 news conference as
justification for his Iraq policy:

"I also have this . . . strong belief that freedom is not this
country's gift to the world. Freedom is the Almighty's gift to every
man and woman in this world. And as the greatest power on the face of
the Earth, we have an obligation to help the spread of freedom."

Essentially he's saying that he believes America is God's agent on
planet and that we have duty to do his will; which Mr. Bush feels he
understands.

That's where I have the problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
The annual ColdFusion User Conference is being held Sat 6/26 - Sun 6/27/04 8am-5pm in 
the Washington DC Area. 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=44

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:132266
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to