> Before 2.0 there was no "CFLOOP" tag - you could still
> "loop" over a recordset using CFOUTPUT, but that was it.
> I think that's what he meant in the article.

That makes more sense... given your description of CF 1.x I guess I'm
likely glad I passed on the opportunity to start working with CF in
version 1.0 or 1.5 ... At the time I hadn't heard anything about it
and wasn't interested in getting involved with a little known
technology that might not last. :P I was at the time more interested
in PERL and C++ ... Since then I've only been paid to configure (not
write) PERL scripts, and until a few months ago, I'd never been paid
to do anything with C++. The company I work for now finally asked me
to fix an issue they were having with a COM widget (ActivScan). They
bought the source version when the company decided to stop making new
versions of it and for some reason we weren't able to get it to accept
the universal license key, so I was tasked with bypassing the license
key. It'd been so long since I'd done anything with C++ that it took
me 3 days. heh... :) So in the end, it's the "little known technology
that might not last" that's been the backbone of my career. :)


s. isaac dealey     954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework

http://www.fusiontap.com
http://coldfusion.sys-con.com/author/4806Dealey.htm


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Find out how CFTicket can increase your company's customer support 
efficiency by 100%
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=49

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:160257
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to