His works or other people's. He's been caught plagiarizing other's work more 
than a few times.
 
http://www.slate.com/?id=2060618
http://tinyurl.com/2bbepd

I cannot respect any scholar that steals the work of others. Once or twice may 
be mere sloppiness, but multiple times is completely unethical and well beyond 
the pale. Given how much he's plagiarized, I doubt if he has any integrity at 
all. as a scholar he doesn't deserve any respect at all.

larry

> +1
> 
> I recommend any of his works.
> 
> Dr. Ambrose was awesome.  He was one of the few professors outside of 
> Geology that I had a true respect for.
> 
> I had him as a long term sub when my American History prof decided he 
> needed to detox in the late 80s.  He taufght our class, in a 300 
> person auditorium for 6 weeks and he kept us spellbound.  That is not 
> an easy thing to do in a very dry subject.  Attendance actually 
> improved after he took over.
> 
> We only went up through 1858 for that class (part one of three) and 
> spent the last week discussing Louisiana/Mississippi history of that 
> year.  He even mentioned the ship and the unusual circumstances of the 
> crew ofon of my ancestors.
> 
> 
> 
> > I read the book when it came out, and for Christmas this year I got
> > the DVD set and watched all of it tthis weekend: totally awesome.
> > 
> > This DVD set should be required viewing for every American, if not
> > every European.
> > 
> > I heard they're making one on the Pacific War too:
> > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/ , but it won't be out until 
> 2009.
> > 
> > 
> > BTW - anyone who loved BoB should read Pegasus Bridge by Ambrose.
> > It's a quick read and really highlights how a small band of Brits, 
> in
> > close coordination with the French Resistance, helped save D-Day.
> > Many argue that (1.) these Brits were first boots on ground on 
> D-Day
> > and, (2.) had their mission failed so would have D-Day:
> > 
> > http://www.amazon.
com/Pegasus-Bridge-Stephen-E-Ambrose/dp/0671671561/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-4624186-1503352?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1177332430&sr=8-1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Upgrade to Adobe ColdFusion MX7
The most significant release in over 10 years. Upgrade & see new features.
http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion?sdid=RVJR

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:233210
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to