> gMoney wrote:
> While I have ZERO emotional stake in defending the Heathen Oprah Army

But there's a big difference between an author telling everyone made
up stuff is true and an author who forgets to cite a paragraph.  That
latter case is sloppy editing, the former case is outright lies.

The problem I have with Larry's argument is that I'm a sloppy editor
and can EASILY see this happening.

For example, if you've ever put together a paper or non-fiction book
together typically you gather a bunch of content that you think
supports your idea.  This is the research.  Then you organize it.  As
the document/book starts coming together you naturally put stuff you
want to discuss into the doc where you want to discuss it.

Then you go through and "write it out".  At least that's how I work
and everyone I know works.  As technology has improved and the concept
of meta-data has made it's way into desktop publishing software this
type of oversight becomes easier to remedy.

But a decade ago, that didn't exist.  So I can easily see how you'd
cut-n-paste things you want to discuss into your doc and goof up by
not writing out something.

That's certainly not an admirable quality, and authors should
endeavour to eliminate it, but that doesn't mean that sloppy editing
makes somebody Satan.

I live in a neighborhood with covenants, one of which bans dandelions.
 My neighbor sometimes lets a few of his grow for a week or so.
That's sloppy landscaping, but I'm not ready to call him a liar over
it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Macromedia ColdFusion MX7
Upgrade to MX7 & experience time-saving features, more productivity.
http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion?sdid=RVJW

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:233283
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to