I was listening to NPR this morning because the morning show I normally listen to was pratling on about how great Falwell was. I was intrigued by the interview with William Langewiesche that said we can't stop the spread of nukes so we should live with it.
So I pose to the community, can we stop nukes from spreading? Breeder reactors can be made by college students for a scavenger hunt and Pakistan has sold centrifuge technology to all comers. Hell, in Africa there are natural breeder reactors generating more fissile material. I can make a rock collecting trip to Colorado and then go into a chemistry lab and extract enough uranium or thorium to start a breeder reactor. If I know this shit, who else does? Can we realistically think we can stop this? If we can't stop the spread, will we be able to stop the inevitable small scale wars in the third world? Very few people alive really remember what a real nuclear war shot will do to a population center. We just have second and third hand knowledge. Even visiting Hiroshima now isn't the same as going 60 years ago. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Create robust enterprise, web RIAs. Upgrade & integrate Adobe Coldfusion MX7 with Flex 2 http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/flex2/?sdid=RVJP Archive: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:234811 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
