I had absolutely no problems with it today.  While the snowbanks at the end
of the drive were bogging the machine down a little, it still never was too
much for it to manage.  And, being a newbie to my driveway and the setup, I
fumbled on the approach, not wanting to spew snow all over the lawn of the
neighbor to the right of me.  I started on the way right side, blowing all
snow to the left.  Bad idea, because when i got all the way to the left, the
snow was deep and heavy.  Nevertheless, I only had to reign in the clutch a
few times to clear out the chute.  Next time I'll just adjust the chute
angle and split the job down the middle.  Overall, I'm very happy with the
traction.  Up here in the former farmlands (north Brooklyn Park, up by the
610), it is pretty flat.  I would guess this machine would slip and slide at
just about any upward angle, and I'd want to have chains.  This thing is
very light (my wife and I lifted it out of the pickup with no real effort),
and the lack of weight, while nice in the maneuvering department, isn't so
good in the traction department.

I left behind a 1974 Toro 8.5 HP heavy steel beast when I moved from New
England, and I'm kicking myself for doing so.  Not because I dislike the new
Toro, but because I now see it would have done a fine job, and I would be
$600 heavier in the wallet.

Overall, I'd recommend it if you're looking for a good all-around snowblower
for the 'burb type driveways.  I wouldn't be clearing a parking lot with it
or anything, tho.

Oh yea, I got it on BF at Lowe's.  It was the last one left in the Maple
Grove store.

On Dec 2, 2007 1:44 PM, Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > GG wrote:
> > Now I'm dreaming of a Toro snow blower ... I don't ever use my John
> > Deere.
>
> Quick question about your Toro - One of the main problems with my JD
> is that when I get to the nasty plow created banks at the end of the
> driveway the JD just digs out a cylinder and then the wheels spin and
> it's game over.
>
> I've tried chains for more traction, but with no luck, so the only way
> to make the thing useful is to back it up by hand (not reverse) and
> then ram it into the snow bank.  Since that's such a pain in the ass
> I've taken to just shoveling as it just as fast and many times less
> work.
>
> So how is your new Toro with those nasty end of the driveway snowplow
> created snow banks?  Does it drive through them or stop when it gets
> to them?
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Check out the new features and enhancements in the
latest product release - download the "What's New PDF" now
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/coldfusion/cf8_beta_whatsnew_052907.pdf

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:247421
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to