Yeah sorry, I maybe didn't explain myself well.

Thanks for the links.



-----Original Message-----
From: Dana [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Sunday, 28 September 2008 11:22 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Need some advice on serioulsy depressed friend

What he said.

It hadn't occurred to me that you'd want an advocate, but hell yeah if
I was inside it really would be good to have one, he is right about
that. I know this from having had a friend who is depressed and
refuses help. It is hard to be that person's friend, but harder if
that person kills himself.

I also think that the point about checking on the meds he is taking is
well-founded.

And no, I do not know what organization Denny is talking about but
Google knew about the ones below. You said you are in Australia right?
Here are some starting points; chances are these sites have resource
pages also:

http://www.tased.edu.au/tasonline/mhcrc/
ARAFMI
Association of Relatives and Friends of the Mentally Ill, in Hobart,
Tasmania. Support for caregivers, including meetings once a month

http://www.sane.org/
SANE Net
An Australian organization with an e-mail helpline, involved in
community education, research, support and more.

http://www.vicserv.org.au/
VICSERV (Psychiatric Disability Services of Victoria)
Psychiatric Disability Support Services provide support to consumers
and carers through programs such as home-based outreach, psychosocial
rehabilitation day programs, mutual support and self-help, respite and
advocacy.

hope that helps
Dana


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;207172674;29440083;f

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:271223
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to