If a dealer is credit worthy, someone will pick up their floorplan.

Lots of dealers with less than steller credit are failing now because
customers can't get loans, and lenders are pulling their floorplans.

I bought GM and Ford.  So far, I'm up 34 cents a share on GM, and down
10 cents a share on Ford.  I'll hold, or possibly buy more.  I don't
see GM being allowed to fail, especially not with the Chrysler merger
announced.

The purchases I made a couple of weeks ago are down 1.3 percent
cumulatively, most of that  loss is Duke Realty. My entire portfolio
is up 47 percent overall.


On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Maureen wrote:
>> GMAC and Ford Credit are among the most corrupt and useless businesses
>> that exist.
>>
>
> Except for that they maintain "floorplan" for GM dealers.
>
> I'm no car dealership expert but my supposition would be that if GMAC
> goes down it takes some dealership with it.
>
> And then maybe waves of impact down the road.
>
> If the credit market continues to tighten and customers can't buy
> cars, dealership will be threatened without an easy source of credit -
> which used to be GMAC.
>
> Which means now even more dealerships go down ... which means GM goes down.
>
> If you bought GM stock I'd sell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;207172674;29440083;f

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:276370
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to