On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Sam <[email protected]> wrote:
> Weren't you big into globalization while Obama is fiercely against it,
> most of the time?

Obama is not against globalization, he is against unrestrained
globalization. See the difference between free trade with Peru (he
supported it) and Columbia (against it).

> Aren't you for same sex marriage while Obama is presently against it?
> He was for it in '96.

Obama is wrong on that one.

> Weren't you against domestic spying while Obama voted for it?

Obama was *really* wrong on that one.

> Aren't you against Bush's war policy while Obama is retaining Gates.

I'm of mixed minds on this one. I can see the benefit of continuity in
the sense that Gates knows the situation well and would be enacting
policy dictated by a new Commander in Chief. War policy really is one
of those few places where the President is totally and directly in
charge. I'll be curious to see if Gates stays around.

> Didn't you love Clinton and then hate Clinton? Now since it's mainly
> the Clinton admin pulling Obama's strings, I'm guessing you're going
> to love him again.

I was excited for Clinton in 92. I was moderately happy and enthused
for the first couple years. By 96 I was really pretty disappointed.
Still a hell of a lot better than the Bush before or after him, but
far less than what he could have been.

Judah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;207172674;29440083;f

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:284899
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to