My question was a general one and did not ask anything about race, religion,
or whatever. Do we check up on people after they become citizens?
The article goes directly to the question of immigrants acceptance of their
new countries values and requirements. I should have put in an article about
people coming to America and refusing to learn English, but then I'll get
hit for being biased against Spanish speakers (which people usually think of
in that respect).

You want me to use Orthodox Jews. OK, I'm against some groups only learning
Yiddish and no English. This is America and the language used is English.
Get with the program. But these are not immigrants so the comparison fails.
And yes, I'd post the article on other groups as well with the same question
IF the group in question had members who were a threat to this country. (I
know, I know, every group has threatening members) The article said some
Afghan immigrants had these ideals. If some Bosnian immigrants had these
ideals I'd be concerned.

My mother used to work as a secretary at a home attendants agency and she
would be all upset about Russian immigrants abusing the system and getting
onto social security immediately. I'm not sure how true that was but we
always hear tales of immigrants abusing the system. I'm sure we check if
these tales are true in some regard, but is there a formal mechanism that
checks immigrants as immigrants? I expect not but others may know more.

As a totally unrelated thing, my brother is married to a Bukhari so I did a
search on them (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukharan_Jews). I then did a
search on my brother and got this -
http://www.grusslife.org/files/GrussConnectionSpring04.pdf
So Gruss is connected to me through my brother. ;)

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Larry Lyons <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> >Here's an interesting story that links into all of the controversies.
> >Immigration, profiling, Muslims, you name it. I just have one question to
> >ask - When we accept immigrants into the country, do we ever check up on
> >them after the fact or is it just a check at the door?
> >
> >http://www.newsweek.com/id/189241/page/1
>
> As an immigrant, I had to go through a lot of hoops just to get my green
> card. Moreover, the US has very different immigration requirements than
> England.
>
> That said, why the continuing jihad against the followers of Islam? Would
> you have posted the article if it were about Orthodox Jews, or for that
> matter Irish Catholics, Serbian Bosnians, South African Zulus, Tibetans or
> for that matter Canadian immigrants to the US.
>
> No offense, but you've really been going on in a very negative way about
> Muslims for some time, and its been getting a lot worse lately.
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;207172674;29440083;f

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:292049
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to