Comcast Cable at home, CAT 5, 100 MBpbs to a router and then to cable modem:

Portland to San Jose: 31.8 Mb/s down, 9.0 up
http://www.speedtest.net/result/460231987.png

Seattle: 31.3 down, 6.9 up
http://www.speedtest.net/result/460232372.png

Los Angeles: 30.2 down, 7.4 up
http://www.speedtest.net/result/460231604.png

Dallas Ft. Worth: 3.8 down, 6 up
http://www.speedtest.net/result/460229769.png

Austin, Tx: 7.2 down, 5.9 up
http://www.speedtest.net/result/460230900.png

Fredrick Maryland: 5.4 down, 1.2 up
http://www.speedtest.net/result/460230161.png

Tampa: 6.3 down, 2.2 up
http://www.speedtest.net/result/460230533.png

Denver: 12.9 down, 5.3 up
http://www.speedtest.net/result/460231284.png

Looks like the West Coast is awesome, everywhere else is okish. Not
too bad a little over $50 a month. I've got internet and the basicest
of cable. I think I get broadcast channels, community access and
Versus (go hockey!)

32 is as high as my tv goes.

Judah

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Gruss Gott <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> LL wrote:
>>
>> Interesting indeed. A question about that, how many other households on your 
>> cable node? And how many of those were on the internet at the time.
>>
>> Also what's the total cost, I was including TV, internet and phone in the 
>> $110.
>>
>
> We pay $60+ (like 64.60 or something I guess) for internet, tv, and
> phone but we have no "cable tv" in that we get local channels only.
>
> Internet is $39.99 plus tax. that 19.99 I said was intro price that we
> get occasionally. If, for example, you see it out there you can call
> the company and get it for yourself.
>
> As to the houses ... I have no idea but it's probably a bunch.  We
> live in a subdivision just outside the main freeway loop of mpls/st.
> paul and I know I can pick up at least 10 wireless networks from my
> house.
>
> I just tried it again:
>
> Home: 14.5/2.6
> http://www.speedtest.net/result/460104588.png
>
> Chicago: 19.3/1.5
> http://www.speedtest.net/result/460105080.png
>
> 19.6 / 2
> http://www.speedtest.net/result/460107498.png
>
> 16.4 / 1.6
> (this one didn't seem right to me but I guess it is; 3rd time was slower)
>
> SF: 7.7/1
> http://www.speedtest.net/result/460106337.png
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;207172674;29440083;f

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:296068
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to