On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Michael Dinowitz <
[email protected]> wrote:

> Things have been so stressed and I've been so focused on trying to make
> money that I haven't even had time to hit back to Larry on the Israel
> thread. A little holiday wishes goes a long way.
>

The Bible tells a story in which the
Israelites<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israelites>escaped from Egypt,
met Yahweh on a mountain-top in the wilderness, agreed
to become his chosen people, and conquered
Canaan<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canaan>with his help. The
archaeological evidence points to an Israelite community
arising peacefully and internally in the highlands of
Canaan.[9]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh#cite_note-8>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

So I guess I get a bit confused still on why Jews call Israel it's home as
history books go to say it was the land of Canaan...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:355139
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to