I buy at least one box from any and every girl scout that asks me. I had to
sell shit when i was a kid growing up in my catholic grade school. One year
it was candy, then garbage bags, then...hell i don't even remember what. I
just remember how much it sucked, and how much I appreciated the people who
said "Well i don't really need XYZ, but i'll buy one anyway".

I do the same thing.  And it helps that tagalongs are f***ing delicious!


On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 7:24 PM, Jerry Milo Johnson <[email protected]>wrote:

>
> Here in Mass, for PC reasons, they renamed that cookie to "carmel
> delights".
>
> I buy my cookies from girl scouts that set up at our T stop (subway
> station). They are very respectful, set up out of the traffic patterns, and
> handle all of the sales, money, and bagging themselves. With parents
> hovering closely in the background, but the girls do all the work.
>
> We also have door-to-door sellers, too, and I also buy from them, but I buy
> most from the girls at the train station.
>
>
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Bruce Sorge <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >
> > Why can't you get Samoas there? I thought all their cookies were sold
> > everywhere.
> >
> > On a side note, does anyone have a daughter or younger sister that was a
> > girl scout? Did they actually sell their cookies or did mom and dad make
> it
> > happen? My daughter was not a girl scout, but my little sister was (she
> is
> > 14 years younger than me), and when it was time to sell cooked, I'd take
> > them to Ft. Irwin. Soldiers will buy girl scout cooked en masse. She was
> > always the top seller of her troop. I accounted for a case of thin mints
> > for myself.
> >
> >
> >
> > On Oct 21, 2013, at 8:16 PM, Jerry Milo Johnson <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > I am still sad that I cannot buy Samoas here in Mass...I have to buy
> > > "Carmel Delights".
> > >
> > > (doesnt stop me from buying them, though)
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:368006
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to