On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

> I agree.  If it wouldn't be so dang easy I'd have gone to another solution.
>  This is as simple as writing the downloaded img file to a usb stick and
> booting it.  Of course you need to configure your raid array via a web
> interface, but I'm guessing all of them would have something akin to that.


That does sound easy. I have had a couple of issues with the ReadyNAS when
new versions of OSX have come out. Network protocol changes and whatnot.
I've had to update the firmware or turn on/off features to get backups
running again after an upgrade. I wonder if that would have been easier or
harder with something home grown, but that sort of thing makes me worry not
just about the time it takes me to setup the NAS, but also time in the
future when I may need to "fix something".

-Cameron

...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:368024
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to