This sounds complicated. If you're looking for home cloud sharing how about
Tonido? I went with the pro so I can mount it as a drive on all my
computers. They also have phone apps that work like dropbox. I have two
external 1T drives connected, one for use and the other just backs it up
nightly. I also use the computer all the time but am considering getting
the tonido plug so I can save electricity. It also works on the Mac.

.


On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Larry C. Lyons <[email protected]>wrote:

>
> Short explanation from apple support:
> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2426
>
>
>
>
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Bruce Sorge <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >
> > I’ll look into that. Don’t have Airport express. Does it allow any device
> > to talk to it?
> >
> > On Oct 25, 2013, at 9:08 AM, Larry C. Lyons <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > If you have an Airport express, you can hook up an external drive to it
> > and
> > > the drive will be available to the network. This is how I do my time
> > > machine backups.
> > >
> > >
> > > On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Bruce Sorge <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > >>
> > >> That’s what I figured. Thanks man.,
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> On Oct 25, 2013, at 8:30 AM, Zaphod Beeblebrox <
> > >> [email protected]> wrote:
> > >>
> > >>>
> > >>> yes, this does require a dedicated machine.  It installs a fileserver
> > on
> > >>> top of FreeBSD.  I guess you could install Nas4Free as a VM and then
> > >> mount
> > >>> your external hard drive to it, but that doesn't sound very
> convenient.
> > >>>
> > >>> If you don't have an extra machine laying around, that drive you were
> > >>> looking may be a good option.
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 5:47 AM, Bruce Sorge <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> > >>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>> So I was looking into this this morning, and it seems that
> regardless
> > of
> > >>>> what configuration you use, you still need a dedicated computer for
> > >> this,
> > >>>> or am I missing something. I do not have an extra machine laying
> > around.
> > >>>> What I do have is an external HDD attached to my Mac that I use for
> > Time
> > >>>> Machine backups. So can I use this for Nas4Free and have a back-up
> > >> solution
> > >>>> for all of me and my wife’s devices?
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>> On Oct 24, 2013, at 5:22 PM, Zaphod Beeblebrox <
> > >>>> [email protected]> wrote:
> > >>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> I installed OwnCloud last night on my Nas4Free box.  Took about 5
> > >>>> minutes.
> > >>>>> It's pretty damn sweet.  Clients for OSX, Linux, Win, iPhone &
> > Android.
> > >>>>> Save it to a file on your pc, instantly available on your other
> > >> devices.
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:368150
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to