yeah yeah rub it in! Well for me it is about $6/each way/per day. But I get a monthly pass which saves money!!
$12/day * 20 (average work days per month) = $240 I pay $169. Thus saves on mileage on my vehicle, gas I have to pay just to get to Vienna or Falls Church. Plus VRE having a bathroom right on the train as well as tables, I could break out the laptop or simply drink my hot chocolate in the mornings without worrying about getting fined as one would on the Metro. -----Original Message----- From: Larry C. Lyons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Saturday, January 03, 1970 5:33 AM To: CF-Community Subject: RE: Ice When I was commuting into DC I looked at the VRE , but at $9 one way, it wasn't worth it. I66 to Vienna or West Falls Church isn't bad if you use the HOV lanes and then the Metro. But now most of my commute is just down two fairly quiet roads. No complains about that commute. Even the ferrets like the ride. larry >Well I started using VRE so it has been alot better! >Not so bad, atleast the company pays $70 a month. > >Still some money out of my own pocket but consider >that against fighting with 66 and all, I do not mind. > > >-----Original Message----- >From: Larry C. Lyons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] >Sent: Saturday, January 03, 1970 5:21 AM >To: CF-Community >Subject: RE: Ice > > >Even though my commute has lengthened a bit lately, I still don't >really have one - just about 4 miles now to the other side of >Manassas from where I am. I can't really complain. > >larry > >>Yes having Monday off is a nice break from the >>daily grind of commuting. Especially when one >>goes from Manassas to DC. >> >>-----Original Message----- >>From: Larry C. Lyons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] >>Sent: Friday, January 02, 1970 9:08 PM >>To: CF-Community >>Subject: RE: Ice >> >> >>>I am right there with you. Been watching the snow all morning. >>>Watching other people shovel there driveways. >>> >>>Thing is that it is scheduled to continue until noon on Monday. >> >>In a way I'm glad I have Monday off, so I don't have to go through an >>ugly commute tomorrow. Its an ideal day for watching movies, drinking >>hot drinks and doing nothing. >> >>Also at times I amaze myself, I actually resisted responding to one >>of Kevin's diatribes. I'm more laid back today than I realize. :) >> >>larry >> >>-- >> >>Larry C. Lyons >> >>======================================================== >>Life is Complex. It has both real and imaginary parts. >>======================================================== >>Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is done. >> >> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=5 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?method=subscribe&forumid=5 Get the mailserver that powers this list at http://www.coolfusion.com Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
